
I went out for lunch today with my parents. Not a good start, as when we walked into the pub, a couple of ladies were complaining that their food (liver and onions) was not good! Dad ordered Ham, egg and chips, Mum had haddock and prawn salad and I had chicken and bacon salad. There was plenty of food served on big plates and looked very nice and came with complimentary chips. Underneath the mounds of chicken and bacon I found half a lettuce, which had been washed as it was dripping with water, but not washed that well as it still contained grit! I removed the lettuce and started eating my salad when halfway through I found an extra bit of meat - a bug! Digging around further I found that the lettuce wasn't fresh at all and was a bit slimmey! I don't remember requesting that! Anyway, the chef was apologetic and did say that the lettuce was fresh this morning (I think not) and that they wouldn't charge me for my meal! They didn't even smile when I said that I'm not keen on bugs as I find their legs get stuck in my teeth!

No comments:
Post a Comment