The children and I drove down to Geddington to meet the cyclists. The group were being met at Grafton Underwood by the Fire Engine and then escorted in to Geddington. We met them at the Grafton Underwood War Memorial. Sam and Beth were then invited to ride the engine into Geddington! How brilliant. They then had a press shoot with a local newspaper around the Queen Eleanor Cross. Then off to the pub! Well they do deserve a pint or two, or three......
Very strange being back in Geddington after a few years. Last time I came down was 5 years ago and it was dark!
My old Primary school is now a private house and they have built a new school which looks very smart.
I even met an old friends Mum walking down the village. "Hello Esther" the look of surprise on her face was fab! Ionly wish I had more time to pop in and have a cuppa and see Angus again - next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment