I had a swimming lesson this morning at Burton Waters and had just finished my shower and the Fire Alarm went off in the gym! The staff came through to the changing areas and hurded us all out saying "this is for real, we need to evacuate NOW". Well, I wasn't dressed to evacuate - all I had on was a towel! So theres me and this other lady, walking out of the gym entrance into the carpark with towels around us - wet and cold. Luckily it wasn't raining, but it was chilly. We were then greated by the lifeguards who wrapped us in tin foil! What a site we must have looked. Thankfully, we were allowed back in after 5 minutes in the carpark.
Maybe they should have a box of robes for those unfortunate people who are showering when then alarms do go off. We also had no footwear. Some people just take small towels, lucky I had a nice big bath sheet!
Well, that was the excitement of my morning!
No comments:
Post a Comment